This course teachers drivers the aims and principles of first aid, preparing them for what to do in the event of an emergency. Topics include dealing with burns, CPR, assessment and treatment of wounds and bleeding, choking and record keeping.
- Aims and principles of first aid
A group of Driver CPC students practitcing CPR chest compressioon on a mannekin.
- What to do in an emergency
- Basic Life Support (CPR)
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Assessment and treatment of a casualty who is wounded or bleeding
- Choking and asphyxia
- Assessment and treatment of burns
- Assessment and treatment of miscellaneous medical conditions
- Record keeping
Length: 7 hours
Who is it for: Lorry, bus and coach drivers
Where: Train at one of our venues or we’ll come to you .